Skip to main content

Cool Tool #2- Emaze

The Cool Tool that I chose to review for this week is Emaze. Emaze is the next generation of PowerPoint presentation that expands to offer a creation tool to the social hubs such as website design, blogs, ecards, and photo albums. With Emaze you are able to add media, GIFs, and live social feeds.
Some features that Emaze has is that it is easy to share content anywhere and monitor who is watching. It is also easy to use, has front-line designs and be used on more than one device. Along with that Emaze has language support and is cloud based so you are able to save on your cloud. You can also upload an existing PowerPoint and make changes from there OR you can create your own from scratch. Something else that is nice is that students can use their Google account information to create an Emaze, which means that they will not have to memorize new information. 

Emaze could be used in the classroom for presentation purposes both for teachers and students. For teachers this could be a good way to present notes on a new topic and since it is interactive and movable it will keep students' attention. Since you can add video clips right to your presentation you do not have to worry about having to exit out of your PowerPoint to view the clip. For students, they could use it to share information to the class (ie. projects, group presentations) along with using Microsoft PowerPoint or Google slides. This could just be another option for students to use.

Personally, I would use this tool in place of PowerPoint because I think that this is more up-to-date; it has a more eye-catching presentation and more tools to choose from. This is easy to use (similar to PowerPoint) which means students could use it. The only problem I could see would be that the free version is very basic and limits what you are able to do, but that might be a plus because if you have too many bells and whistles students might get carried away and never turn in the assignment on time.

I think that this tool could definitely be used for students to create digital artifacts, it could also be the method they choose to present the artifacts of their choice. Or they could create a website or blog to share their artifacts as well. Any one of the options on this tool (website, blog, photo album) would work. This presentation technology is made advanced for optimal classroom engagement and also comes with interactive elements. I did not find that element when I made mine, so that might be included with the version that cost money OR I just did not dig deep enough. But, with that element you are able to track students' progress. Whichever version you choose to use will encourage collaborative learning and student engagement.

Overall, this tool was fun to use and is something that everyone can take part in. It will help enhance students learning because it is very visual and if  you are able to get the verison that cost money then it will also be interactive for students as well. This will also help you as a teacher keep an open mind with the different presentation tools out there other than PowerPoint.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On My Honor, Being a Digital Citizen

For the most part, digital citizenship for me, reflects both my personal and professional life equally. I would never post or say anything online that I would not do in person. With that being said, I have never (purposefully) posted anything to hurt someone's feelings because I know how it feels and do not want anyone else to feel that way. If I have posted anything embarrassing of one of my friends, they have never asked me to take it down and if they have I would have no problem doing it. There have been plenty of pictures from high school that my friends have tagged me in that I have asked for them to take down, not because I was doing anything bad, but the picture was just plain embarrassing! (usually me dancing at a dance or being silly). As an adult and now looking back at it I can laugh and think to myself "why was I so weird" or "why did my friends hangout with me!?" Although my picture that I am tagged in are just harmless fun like dancing or

Kickin it with T: Learning Calligraphy Day 1

For my Major Digital Project I decided to teach myself how to do calligraphy. Calligraphy is decorative handwriting or handwritten lettering. I love, love, LOVE watching calligraphy videos , I think that they are so calming because everything is so smooth and neat. Watching this progress of the words transform is so amazing and I want to be able to produce something just as crisp and clean as the videos that I see. I chose to do calligraphy because I think that it is very pretty and elegant. It is a skill that not very many people can do, is inexpensive, and something that I can learn to do in the comfort of my own home. This week I just started learning the basics of  calligraphy then I tried to create my own based on the blog that I used  called  Faux Calligraphy Tutorial: Step by Step .  Before I began, gathered all my needed supplie: pens and paper. The paper that I chose to use for this blog were a journal I got for Christmas last year and over the weekend I bought a

Cool Tool #1 Bitmoji

My original cool tool that I was going to review was Bitstrips, but unfortunately for me those have been replaced with Bitmoji, so instead of reviewing Bitstrips I will be reviewing Bitmoji. Bitmoji is your own, personal, emoji. It is a cartoonish version of yourself that can be really be used anywhere! It can be integrated with Facebook, Facebook messenger, gmail, snapchat, text or anything using google. This app is very user friendly and can be downloaded onto your computer using chrome or on your phone (Apple or Android). Once you download Bitmoji, you create your personal avatar and go from there. What makes this so easy is that all you have to do is make the avatar look like you and BAM you are done and let the fun begin! With that, I do not think that students will face any challenges using this piece of technology. The challenge that I do see happening is how teachers could use this tool in a classroom (when it comes to being educational) because there are not